Starting a Family Child Care Business
If you love working with young children and want to put your creative, nurturing and organizational skills to work becoming a family day care provider might be the career for you! There is always a need for high quality child care services in Alabama. Running a family child care is one of the most important, rewarding careers you can pursue. In a world where many people find their jobs high pressured, uninspiring, and without deeper meaning; working with children and their families offers an opportunity to make a real contribution to the world and discover new joy each day.
What Are the Benefits?
- Earn income while at home
- Build your own business
- Be your own boss and set your own work hours
- Fill an important community need
- Have a positive impact on children
- Spend more time with your own children
- Many family child care providers say they learn new skills in caring for young children, and that their own children benefit from having extra playmates at home. What other job could be more rewarding and fulfilling?
The Healthy Kids Excel Program is here to:
- Assisting you in becoming licensed by the State of Alabama
- Guiding you on setting up your child care business
- Giving you information on child development, nutrition, health and safety issues
- Giving you information about resources available to providers, such as the USDA Child Care Food Program that assists in paying for meals served in daycare
- Referring parents who are looking for child care to your business
- Connecting you with other child care providers, professional child care associations, and other child care professionals
For more information on starting your own family day care business, contact Susan Nimmer at (334)371-2104 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alabama Department of Human Recourses Minimum Standards for Family Day Care Homes: http://dhr.alabama.gov/documents/MinimumStandards_DayCareFamilyHomes.pdf